Open Call — Museum Takeover
The programme of Braakland is still in full development. A large part will be left empty for as long as possible: FOMU is putting out an open call to anyone with a passion for photography to submit their project to the museum.
- Everybody with a heart for photography
- Independent photographers and artists
- Curators, writers and critics
- Academies and professors
- Nonprofit organizations and institutions
- Photo book events, (dummy-books, self-published, small publishers, experimental publications, book launches,…)
- Short-term exhibitions by artist collectives or temporally formed groups
- Photo-based performances
- Workshops, artist talks, public debates, symposia, discussions
- One-evening events: BYOB (Bring Your Own Beamer), pop-exhibitions
- Proposals for solo-exhibitions are only allowed if the proposed project fits the experimental nature of Braakland: projects that announce a radical shift in someone’s career, projects that focus on dialogue (with the exhibition space and/or the audience),…
- Inside the exhibition space, on one third of FOMU’s top floor, roughly 125 square meters, 45 meters of wall space.
- The projects will take place between 16.02.2017 and 04.06.2017
- The deadline for application is 15.01.2017
- Detailed project proposal (minimum 1 page)
- Detailed estimated cost-split: all foreseeable costs should be included in the budget. FOMU will calculate and decide which costs it can fund
- References to previous projects or portfolio participants
- Applications must be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with specific mentioning of ‘Museum Takeover’ in the subject line
- Selection of applications will be no later than 3 weeks after the submission deadline;
All applicants will be notified about the selection, but unfortionately we are not in the ability to give personal feedback when not admitted
- Selection of applications will be done by FOMU curators Rein Deslé and Joachim Naudts
- For selected projects, a contract will be drafted between the applicant(s) and the FOMU. A pdf with extra info and guidelines regarding the submission of a project can be found here.